Our Family First

LILLIAN


My Body

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Again?!?!

Well, I went in on 1/8/10 (CD3) for my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork.  There was an 18mm follicle staring at the nurse.  She called in the doctor to look and sure enough...I waited anxiously all day for my estradiol results - 148!  The nurse said that we were going to go with the flow and the guide of my body and that the doc wanted to see me on Tuesday.  I went in on Tuesday and the nurse saw a corpus luteum, which meant that I ovulated sometime between Friday and Tuesday.  I am in the two week wait...

Now, I know that this blog has been mainly about our journey with trying to conceive; however, I have felt like I needed to lose some weight for a long time.  I am 155 lbs at 5'2".  It's not too bad, but I know that I can look and feel better.  So, Monday,  1/11/10, I changed my way of life.  I found a great list online of things to do.  I figured out how many calories my body needs and deducted 500 calories in an effort to lose 1 pound a week.  I am eating healthy and writing down EVERYTHING that I eat.  There is no cheating this time!!  I weighed myself this morning, 1/17, and I am down 1.5 pounds.  I am SO excited.  I am going to continue this because I NEED THIS.

Hell, I figure while I am waiting to have a baby, I might as well start looking fabulous!  And if I never have another baby, I will still look great and wouldn't have put losing weight off.  I would definitely be more mad at myself.  I am going to be 29 in about 2 months, and I want to be thinner than I am now.  I figure if I keep up the 1.5-lb loss/week, I should be close to 140 lbs!!!!  Good times!

1 comment:

  1. Brandi,
    I'm right there with ya girl! Kept putting off losing weight because of the baby stuff, but can't put my life on hold any longer. I started getting really serious after this last IUI failed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this works for you! Good luck with the weight loss stuff as well!

    ReplyDelete